When you join the Eagles, you become a member of a family which stretches all across the South East of England and the Midlands.
The Eagles family consists of not just players, but coaches, backroom / sideline staff and all the supporters who come out every week to get behind our four teams home and away:
- Ouse Valley Eagles (Adult Kitted, age 18+)
- Bedford Blackhawks (Adult Flag, age 16+)
- Bedford Blackhawks (Youth Contact, U17)
- Milton Keynes Redwings (Youth Contact, U17)
This sport requires lots of practice time, classroom time and commitment. In return you will join an up and coming club who are ready to take on the best in the UK.
Striving to be elite does not mean that we only take on experienced players or those with proven talent. Most of our players started as rookies on our senior team or came through the ranks of junior programmes.
Everyone is welcome to join us, all we ask is for commitment and effort; if you put the effort in and take advantage of the quality coaching we offer, you will become stronger and fitter, and you too could become an experienced and talented player in time.
We try to make joining the Club as quick and as simple as possible, and this page should hopefully aid you in that process by giving you the information you need to make the right choice and contact the right people.
Get in Touch
Before you attend practice it is best to message us to let us know you will be coming along. There are plenty of ways to get in touch with us, including via our Facebook or Twitter pages, but the quickest way to register your interest in the Club is by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
Attending your first session
When you arrive for the first time, introduce yourself to one of our Coaching Staff. Other players will be happy to help you identify the staff. You’ll need to bring some standard things with you to your first session, these are:
- Water (recommended 2L but the more the better). We know it’s quite stop start, but practices are tough going.
- Rugby or football boots as we train on grass.
- Shorts/Joggers or similar.
- Top of some kind: sweatshirt, t-shirt or similar.
- Gumshield – this is an absolute must for contact football, and optional (but recommended) for Flag football.
- You may want to bring a towel and shower things.
What will I need moving forward?
Whilst the club has a limited amount of helmets and shoulder pads to lend to players for those playing full contact, we recommend that players look at investing in their own kit. If you decide to pursue the sport playing full contact team you will need:-
- Lower pads, 7 piece set (contains knee pads, thigh pads, hip and tail pads)
- Gloves (black/white/grey only)
Game shirts are provided. We really recommend that you look into getting your own helmet and shoulder pads too, as this will offer you the best protection.