The Eagles’ 2018 regular season schedule has been confirmed, and sees the team kicking off at home in SFC1 Central to last season’s division champions Sussex Thunder on Sunday 22nd April.
That is followed three weeks later with the return game on the South Coast, before a first ever meeting with the Berkshire Renegades the following week.
After a week of practice we then have games on four successive weeks vs Bristol Apache (H), Berkshire Renegades (H), Oxford Saints (A) and Solent Thrashers (H).
There then follows back-to-back games in July against the Thrashers (A) and Saints (H), before the regular season comes to a close on 12th August with a trip west to face Bristol Apache.
Ouse Valley Eagles 2018 Regular Season Schedule
- Sunday 22nd April vs Sussex Thunder
- Sunday 13th May @ Sussex Thunder
- Sunday 20th May @ Berkshire Renegades
- Sunday 3rd June vs Bristol Apache
- Sunday 10th June vs Berkshire Renegades
- Sunday 17th June @ Oxford Saints
- Sunday 24th June vs Solent Thrashers
- Sunday 15th July @ Solent Thrashers (3pm)
- Sunday 22nd July vs Oxford Saints
- Sunday 12th August @ Bristol Apache
All home games will take place at Bedford International Athletics Stadium and kick-off at 1pm. All away games will kick-off at 2.30pm unless otherwise stated.
2018 Play-Off Structure
As per the 2017 season eight teams in Division 1 will progress to the play-offs, consisting of the top two teams in each of the four conferences (NFC1 North, NFC1 South, SFC1 Central and SFC1 East).
The first round of the play-offs will see the #1 seed in the SFC/NFC face and #4 seed, and the #2 seed meet the #3 ranked team.
The Division 1 Championship will be decided between the NFC1 and SFC1 winners.
Join the Eagles!
The Ouse Valley Eagles were formed in 2013 with the aim of becoming one of the leading lights for American Football in the UK.
Members of our club come from a wide range of backgrounds and over a large geographical area to be part of one of our four teams:
- Ouse Valley Eagles (Adult Kitted, age 18+)
- Bedford Blackhawks (Adult Flag, age 16+)
- Bedford Blackhawks (Youth Contact, U17)
- Milton Keynes Redwings (Youth Contact, U17)
Despite being a relatively new Club, the Eagles are made up of an experienced team of coaching and backroom staff, with more players registering to join each month.
The goal set by our founding committee was to have a club here still winning games in 25 years time, and for our children to be able to play for the same team we did.
That remains the goal today, and we are working every day to make the club bigger and stronger. To register your interest in joining any of the teams under the Ouse Valley banner please complete the form below: